Thursday, December 30, 2010

Margaret Mee's paintbox at Kew Gardens

Usually when I'm out and about with a sketchbook, I'm sketching places and sometimes people in places.  Now and again however I sketch an object which catches my attention - such as Margaret Mee's paintbox which went with her on her travels to Brazil.

Margaret Mee's Paintbox at Kew Gardens 
(Old and New South American Botanical Art exhibition)
8 x 10", pencil in Moleskine
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

I was at Kew Gardens to this summer to see the exhibition of Old and New South American Botanical Art at the Shirley Sherwood Gallery - and only realised recently that I hadn't actually got round to posting this sketch of her paintbox and brushes.


Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy