'll be with my fellow founder members of Urban Sketchers London at Cass Arts Islington on the afternoon of Saturday 19th May for an event to celebrate the launch.
|Cass Arts Islington|
WHO: The founder members of London Urban Sketchers are listed below with the demonstrator for each timeslot listed first
- 12.30 Zhenia Vasiliev Zhenia Vasiliev and me
- 1.30 Adebanji Alade Adebanji Alade, My Art My Passion for Sketching and Zhenia
- 2.30 myself - Katherine Tyrrell Travels with a Sketchbook and Adebanji
- 3.30 Olha Pryymak Olha Pryymak and James
- 4.30 James Hobbs Hobbs blog and Barry
- Barry Jackson Prof Shorthair will be around all afternoon
WHERE: Cass Art Islington, 66-67 Colebrooke Row, London N1 8AB Click the link for a map of where this flagship art store is located.
- Nearest Tube station: Highbury Islington
- Nearest Train Station: Essex Road (North London Line)
- Buses: Put "Colebrooke Row Borough of Islington, N1" into the TfL bus maps and it will identify all the buses that run near to Cass Arts. The click the number of the bus to see the route and the bus stops. I'll be on the 205!
- These are the links to:
- the Transport for London map of the Planned weekend Tube closures for the weekend 19/20 May 2012. This is the link to the Transport for London pdf file which shows the service disruptions this weekend.
- Use the Journey Planner on the TfL website to work out the best route to the store on Saturday afternoon.
We intended to have this launch to coincide with the launch of Urban Sketchers London on 1st March - but then realised that we'd be trying to have a book launch with no books. The Art of Urban Sketching had proved to be so popular that it was almost impossuble to get hold of a copy by March!
A second reprint had to be ordered within six weeks of it going on sale - and we've had to wait for the new books to arrive!
Don't live near London?
If you don't live near London you can keep an eye on other Urban Sketchers events in your part of the world by following Drawing Attention on the main Urban Sketchers blog