Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lunch in the Portrait Restaurant

If I'm at the National Portrait Gallery for events in the morning and afternoon I try and have lunch in the Portrait Restaurant at the top of the building.  It has a fabulous view which I never get bored of and the food's not bad either (you can review the menus online - see links below) although not cheap!

Lunch at the Portrait Restaurant - June 2012
11" x 16" pen and sepia ink in Moleskine sketchbook
It's much used by people to meet up with friends, do interviews, do work etc.  On this occasion I got very distracted when I realised one of the people I was sketching was Jon Snow (look no face!)

I was making notes of the interviews I'd just done the award-winning artists and about the portraits I'd just seen in the BP Portrait Exhibition so on this occasions did not sketch lunch!

See my posts on Making A Mark
The opening hours are a bit odd - but then it is in a Gallery! I've quoted the current hours below
  • Breakfast & Afternoon Tea
    • Breakfast - Monday-Sunday, 10:00-11:00 (last orders to the kitchen by 11:30)
    • Afternoon Tea: Monday-Sunday, 15:30-17:00 (last orders for the kitchen 17:00)
  • Lunch & Dinner
    • Lunch - Monday-Friday, 12:00-14:45 (last orders for the kitchen 15:00)
    • Dinner: Thursday, Friday & Saturday 17:30 - 22:00 (last food orders for the kitchen 20:30)
  • Pre-Theatre Dinner: Thursday,Friday & Saturday evenings, 17:30-18:30 (last orders for the kitchen 18:45)



1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your sketches from here.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy