I'll probably be posting photos of the hang and the exhibition on this blog next week!
The Art of Urban Sketching Exhibition is in The Gallery at Foyles, Third Floor, 113-119 Charing Cross Road. It is part of the Foyles Sketching the City Season and the Urban Sketchers London Events Programme relating to the launch the new Urban sketchers book. It comprises:
- prints of book spreads from the Urban Sketchers book The Art of Urban Sketching
- framed sketches by correspondents from London Urban Sketchers
- Monday - Saturday 9.30am - 5pm and
- Sunday 11.30am - 6pm.
- However beware that the Gallery may be closed for special events so you need to ring to check if it's open if you're coming specially to see the exhibition.
Here's the announcement as part of the list of events in the Sketching in the City season.
|RIGHT CLICK THE IMAGE & OPEN IN NEW TAB TO READ|
Images: top: Bankside Shoreline by Katherine Tyrrell; below: Spitalfields by James Hobbs
Tomorrow I'll be telling you how YOU can get your sketches of London in an exhibition at Foyles later this summer. [Update - see The London Sketchbook Challenge - Call for Entries on Making A Mark]
You can find Foyles at: 113-119 Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0EB
You can contact Foyles:
- Tel: +44 (0) 20 7437 5660
- Fax: + 44 (0) 20 7434 1574