Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chinese Pagoda and Fountain in Viccy Park

I sketched outside yesterday - for the first time in a long time.  First the weather earlier this year was bad, then I experienced by second attack of this year's nasty bug and spent five weeks with an extremely bad cough which started on the least exertion.  Then it snowed - and was freezing cold for weeks and then I had a third attack of the nasty bug!

Plus I've mislaid my small Moleskine which does have some sketches of interior scenes on the few occasions I managed to get out.

Which is by way of explanation for why it's taken such a long time to post a new plein air sketch.

Victoria Park - West Lake: Chinese Pagoda and Fountain, pen and ink and coloured pencils
Victoria Park - West Lake: Chinese Pagoda and Fountain
11" x 16", pen and ink and coloured pencils in A4 Moleskine Sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell
I met Olha Pryymak in the Park yesterday morning for a cup of tea and afterwards sketched this scene from one of the newly restored park benches.  It's unfinished but I'd got to the stage where I was getting chilly and tired and decided it was time to get myself home and into the warm.

You can see the very same fountain and lake  in some of Olha's paintings on her website and her Facebook page

1 comment:

  1. I've never been there ... but will have to.

    Hope you are feeling fully recovered!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy