It's really great to be one of the launch exhibitions at a brand new branch of Timberyard in Soho - and for the exhibition to be on until the end of April 2016.
I've been busy for the last few weeks organising the exhibition alongside the core team for the exhibition of James Hobbs, Nathan Breville and Evelyn Rowland. James does liaison with our exhibition and event partners, Nathan and Evelyn are doing the really big job which is the hang next weekend and I'm doing admin and marketing. I organised the call for entries and selection. My next job is labels! (see How to make labels for an art exhibition)
Urban Sketchers London at Timberyard Soho
|From Blackfriars Bridge by James Hobbs|
AT: 4 Noel Street, London W1F 8GB
OPEN: Monday to Friday - 8am-8pm; Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm
WHEN: Monday 2nd November - 30th April 2016.
Timberyard create workplaces for creative people fused with speciality tea and coffee.
It's very appropriate that our exhibition should be associated with these brilliant coffee shops because very often after a sketchcrawl we go for a coffee. Then we admire each other's sketches and spend much time chatting about sketching kits!
You can get involved with any one of our three linked events planned at present - we may have more in 2016!
- The Private View is on 3rd November between 6.30 and 9pm and regular readers of this blog are most welcome
- There is a Sketchcrawl on Saturday 14th November - starting and finishing at Timberyard - Liberty's (Great Marlborough Street) to the BBC (Langham Place) -
- There is also a Book Event on 25th November - of which more later. I'll be signing my book alongside James Hobbs and Isobel Carmona with their books. Plus we'll have the latest books by other Urban Sketchers.
As well as me, these the names of the other urban sketchers whose sketches are included in the exhibition: Sangeeta Bhagawati, Elizabeth Blunt, Nathan Brenville, Julie Bolus, Isabel Carmona, Jo Dungey, Katy Evans, James Hobbs, Isabelle Laliberte, Daniel Lloyd-Morgan, Choon Low, Dolores Kitchener, Tom Ledger, Paulina Little, Simone Menken, Olya Osipova, Simon Privett, Nick Richards, Evelyn Rowland, Sue Smith, John Swanson, Marissa Lee Swinghammer, and Tony Underhill.
The sketches are a mix of ones done on our regular monthly sketchcrawls and those sketched while people have been out and about London. Links in the names are to their websites or blogs. Do please take a look at their other work.
|The Art of Sketching - our first exhibition at Foyles|
- 2012: the first exhibition also celebrated the launch in the UK of the book about The Art of Urban Sketching
- The Art of Urban Sketching - at Foyles in London and
- USk London blog: Urban Sketchers London exhibition opens at Foyles
- 2014 Timberyard Seven Dials (January 2014): the one I missed due to writing my book was at the Seven Dials branch of Timberyard - see
- USk London blog: Urban Sketchers London Exhibition! (Seven Dials) and
- Urban Sketchers Exhibition Private View
- 2014: Timberyard Old Street (March - June 2014) -
|Some of the exhibiting artists at our last exhibition at Old Street |
Thomas Corrie, Isabelle Laliberté, James Hobbs and Jhin-Ren Shih