Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lake Trees and a veggie breakfast

This is a sketch I did recently of the trees by the West Lake in Victoria Park in Bow.

I sketched them while I sat and eat the organic veggie breakfast at the Pavilion Cafe by the Lake in Victoria Park - yummy! I think it had a beneficial effect as I'm rather pleased with this one

Lake Trees
11.5" x 8.5", pencil and coloured pencils in Daler Rowney sketchbook

copyright Katherine Tyrrell

I'd been up and out at 7am as it was the first morning in ages with decent light and I wanted to get some photos in July of the Ecology Park Pond. After checking out the changes at the pond I walked up the canal to Victoria Park and had my breakfast plus a big mug of builders' tea.

Finished off by a walk back down the canal to home.

Then in the afternoon we walked all the way along the Herford Union Canal to the Olympic Stadium site and back again. So all in all I did quite a lot of canal walking that day - although only half of it was Sketchercise! Minus pedometer I've no idea how much but it will have been well in excess of 10,000 steps.

However I'm still very puzzled about how most people living in London can fit in 10,000 steps on a routine basis.

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you've carved the foliage out with negative shapes. Beautiful soft harmony in your colours. Lovely. I'd like a veggie breakfast right now.

    Have a lot of trouble myself getting over 10,000 steps if I don't do my morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is beautiful! I can see it framed and hanging on some lucky wall. The breakfast sounds yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Together with the nice light and the ymmy veggie breakfast(I love going out for breakfast, almost more than dinner!) and you walking, you created some beautiful work here!
    ronell

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool way to do landscapes. How long did it take to do this sketch. Approx how many colors were used, what type?

    Im about to make a sketchbook for pastels, I only have a small assortment of soft pastels about 18 and Im using Mi tientes paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been following your blogs for some time and admire your work, it has such wonderful colour and shape to it. i am also thankful for the information on art that you pass on to the rest of us: it is thouroughly researched! r.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Robyn , jgr, Ronell and Rahina.

    I think this one is going to make it through to being developed into a formal drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy