|Pencil cases (for coloured pencils) and Sketchbooks (Daler Rowney and Moleskine)|
My sketching toolkit for day trips
Photo copyright Katherine Tyrrell
These are just my ideas of the different ways I assemble a tool kit of materials when travelling with my sketchbook.
- A portable sketching kit - designed for those who like to use watercolour pencils
- Plein Air Sketching at Kew 04.05.06 - includes a photo and list of the kit I typically take out with me when I travel around the UK with the intention of doing some serious sketching
- Sketch toolkit - what I take overseas - when going on a serious art holiday the kit comes first and the clothes come second!
- 250 miles riding 'bitch' in the desert - a minimalist kit for when space is at a premium
- Plein air sketching in Albuquerque - kit for a morning's sketching of the hills above Albuquerque
- A visit to an art store and Walden Pond - includes photo of my plein air pastel set-up and comments on using a StudioPak from ArtBin for the first time
- Rocky Neck and Rockport Massachusetts - includes a photo of my set-up and a description of the sketching kit for a day's sketching
In addition, on my website I have:
- a page dedicated to describing the art materials I use. Any materials I mention in the above blog posts can be found on this page - usually with a photograph
- advice on sketching - which includes reference to the sketching toolkits mentioned above
Next I'll provide links to posts about individual items which are recommended for sketching plein air.
Links: [these have been updated as sites have changed]