Monday, February 28, 2011

"Travels with a Sketchbook" recommended by "The Times"

Learn How to Sketch - links to information and advice on my website
Just in case you missed the news - I'm absolutely delighted to announce that this blog Travels with a Sketchbook AND my advice on how to sketch were both highlighted and recommended by "The Times" newspaper last week!

That's the London newspaper with the name which was borrowed by every other newspaper with 'Times' in its title all around the world!

You can read the piece - included in the "Daily Universal Register" page below.  It's very pleasurable to read people's perspectives on your work when they are as good as this!

extract from the "The Times" newspaper 25th February 2011
I can't walk very well at the moment - so I found the article online and "he who must not bored while I sketch" bought me a copy of the newsprint version.  I had the page it was on memorised by the time he turned up with it! :)

It was nice to see that Urban Sketchers got the the "If you liked this then you might like this too" slot.

Tomorrow - I'll be highlighting my article about Ten reasons to sketch with coloured pencils which will be published by Derwent's LovePencils blog on Tuesday 1st March 2011.


Links:  Making A Mark - Press and Media coverage

5 comments:

  1. WOW, Katherine...you have succeeded in reaching still MORE people, to our great benefit! Keep spreading the word, girl, and congratulations! Well earned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Katherine. Well, the Times SHOULD recommend you. Sometimes I think you are a university in yourself--your blogs are full of so much that I have a job keeping up with you.
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Of course we've all been recommending you for years. Like Annie, 'university' is the word I usually reach for too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Your recognition is so well-deserved. Congratulations!
    -madtora

    ReplyDelete
  5. A high honor and much deserved, Katherine! Your blogs are filled with great advice and encouragement for scores of people.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy