Saturday, September 18, 2010

Early evening near Richmond Bridge

Richmond Bridge
penc and ink and coloured pencils in small Moleskine sketchbook, 8" x 10"
copyright Katherine Tyrrell
This sketch was done at the end of August.  I'm next to the River Thames at Richmond looking west towards Richmond Bridge.  The early evening rowers and lovers were out and about.  Actually, there were lots more people walking along the Thames Path but I didn't have time to draw them all in so it looks a bit more romantic than it actually was!

I am soooooooo behind with posting sketches!  We spent a couple of days visiting Richmond, Twickenham and Ham this summer and there are a couple more sketches to post of Eel Pie Island and Ham Common Pond.

I've decided I need to visit more often as there are lots of opportunities for sketching combined with exercise - not least from the top of Richmond Hill - plus the autumn colours should be excellent!

3 comments:

  1. I've always been struck with how romantic the English are with their place names - Eel Pie Park! I met my love at Eel Pie Park... can't you just see it!

    Love your sketch though. I didn't even know there was a Richmond Bridge. London is beckoning again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I start to read your blogs I'm here for ages - they are so informative.Thankyou. Your sketch as usual is really good - you are obviously very adept with coloured pencils. Just want to add that The Glasgow Boys exhibition is going to the Royal Academy in London.I saw it in Glasgow and its amazing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mood of this!!!! When I sketch outdoors I leave out a lot of the people too. Sometimes it is so crowded that I'd be there all day just doing the people. lol

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy