Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lunch in the RA Friends Room

A couple of quick sketches from yesterday.  After visiting the preview of the new David Hockney exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts, I grabbed some lunch in a pleasantly empty Friends Room.

I slightly indulged as I'd had to skip breakfast - so it's smoked salmon sarnies on the right, an apple and blackberry crumble on the left and a pot of Earl Grey tea in the middle.

Lunch in the Friends Room
8" x 10", pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell
I then sketched a couple of ladies comparing ticketing adventures for various cultural jaunts.

Discussing Cultural Outings
8" x 10", pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell
I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind on posting sketches - but hope to get some posted in the next few days.

Links:

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful sketches, so evocative. Lucky you to have seen the Hockney exhibit!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy