I haven't done a count up yet but in terms of countries that people travel to to draw / sketch / paint I think France might just be out in front!
- Laurelines gallery of Travel Sketches feature a lot of scenes from France. Laura has just started a month's stay in Paris mostly dedicated to sketching and art generally so hopefully more from her soon
- Judy Nijholt-Strong lives in the Netherlands has just returned from two recent trips to France - Champagne, Picardie and Normandy - with lots of sketches in her Moleskine. Judy also aims to go to Paris on her next trip.
- Cindy Woods, based in Richmond Virginia, is an indefatigable sketcher on trips (and is currently on yet another trip!) and writes about her trips in her blog - Learning Daily. I've included links to her Flickr sets relating to sketchbooks for
- Carol Gillot and Roslyn Stendhal have both sketched Paris.
- Meanwhile Shirley sketched London while visiting London and her grandchildren.
Drop me a line if you've developed a travel sketchbook online and would like to be listed in this blog. All I need is a dedicated html link which won't look different next week or in six months time and a site which includes a decent number of travel sketches - ie sketches done on your travels not sketches of places overseas done from photos. Flickr works well for assembling one site which contains all those travel sketches which are otherwise scattered about - see how Cindy uses Flickr for an example. Updates are also welcome for new online sketchbooks relating to recent trips! And travel sketches don't just need to be of 'scenes' - sketches of the local food and drink and other things you saw on your trip are most acceptable. After all Carol specialises in Paris Breakfasts!
Technorati tags: art , drawing , sketching , sketchbook , travel , travel sketchbook