As usual, the threads which are very active are those relating to:
Sydney - Australia is more active than Los Angeles!
This year the people in San Francisco are changing the way they operate - a very sensible move to my mind. Getting to a starting point on time can be a lot more difficult than getting to a finishing point more or less at the same time - especially if it's somewhere where everybody will hang around for a while looking at each other's sketchbooks
In San Francisco we are trying something a little different this time around, instead of meeting at the beginning of the day in a large group we are planning to meet at the end of the drawing day … the idea is to go on our own separate adventures and reconvene to share them.Other threads that I note have been opened - by continent - include:
Enrico Casarosa - The biggest crawl of them all …
- Asia: Bangkok, THAILAND, Tokyo!, India , SEOUL - KOREA
- Australasia: Melbourne Australia
- Europe: Barcelona_Spain , Berlin - Germany, Edinburgh, UK , Bologna Italy, Firenze, ITALY, Guimarães, Portugal , Hamburg - Germany, Lisbon, Portugal, London - UK , Milano - Italy, Munich, Germany , Paris - France, PARMA, Italy, Porto - Portugal, Po Valley, Italy, Rhein/Ruhr - Germany , Rome - Italy, Santiago de Compostela, Galicia - Spain, Tel Aviv, ISRAEL, Terni, Italy, Vienna, Austria
- South America: Curitiba, Brasil, Natal - RN - Brazil , Rio de Janeiro, Rj - Brazil, Santos - São Paulo - Brazil, São Paulo - SP - Brazil
- North America: Boston, MA - USA, Bryan/College Station, Calvert, Texas Brazos Valley Area, Denver, CO, USA, Eugene, Oregon , New York City, Houston, TX - USA, Minneapolis, MN - USA , Orlando, Florida , Phoenix - AZ - USA , Santa Cruz, CA, San Diego, California , Seattle, WA - USA , Vancouver, Canada , Washington, DC- USA , Whistler BC Canada
You can always have your own tailor made sketchcrawl. Find a time slot in your day and then work out what you can do within that - and the constraints of your local environment and weather.
There are no rules:I'm waiting to see what the weather does as it's been far too cold to sketch outside all week and I'm not keen on indoors sketching in a Museum on a Saturday - plus I've got 'things to do' today. I'm also going out a week on Sunday with my sketching group for a sketchcrawl around Spitalfields so I think I'll probably stay close to home today. If the weather gets better I may well go for a "four ponds sketchcrawl"!
-Anyone can participate, be it to draw for 20 minutes or the full day.
-Any level of ability is welcome from veteran artists to first time sketchers.
-Any age! Try it with your kids!
SketchCrawls - how to participate and how to post images!