|Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park - August 2012|
8" x 10" pen and ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell
Just as I was about to sit down on the park bench with my cup of "Builder's Tea" (£1), the Coots did what I always think of "playing jets landing on an aircraft carrier" - landing and skidded to a halt on the surface of the lake.
I held the image in my head until I could get my sketchy birds and their wake down in the sketchbook.
Sketches of the Pavlion Cafe:
- Victoria Park: the Tea Pavilion - a sketch from a hot June morning in Victoria Park in 2007
- Rowing Frenzy in Victoria Park 10 Aug 2012
- The water and birds return to West Lake November 2011
- Victoria Park - beached and neglected? August 2011
- Cold weather and small quick sketches February 2010
- Lake Trees and a veggie breakfast August 2009
- Herons, coots and goslings - grooming, housekeeping and babysitting June 2009
- The coldest snap for 20 years January 2009
- Victoria Park Lakes and a few birds January 2009