Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Looking east from London Bridge

This is the view looking east from the southern end of London Bridge - right next to the rather impressive building at No 1 London Bridge which houses the offices of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

London Bridge looking east #2
11.5" x 8.5" coloured pencils in sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

Parts of the foreshore were exposed but the tide was coming in quite fast while I sketched.

This sketch, as always, has to be done standing up because of the height of the bridge 'walls'. I usually have a time limit of about 10 minutes for standing which I think I might have stretched a bit! Which could of course be the reason why, a minute after I left this spot, I took a tumble down the steps to Borough Market on the other side of the road (see the previous post).

2 comments:

  1. You must be careful. Last time I took a tumble off one step I broke a bone in my foot. So many gorgeous places to sketch in London. Making me homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine,
    ouch, I winced when I read your story. Did anyone help you when you fell? I guess it's also hard to pay attention to 'normal' things after just being in a drawing zone, that concentration...then suddenly we're off moving again.
    I hope you're ok!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy