Tuesday, April 03, 2007

St. Pauls Cathedral from Tate Modern

St Pauls from Tate Modern (2.11.05.)
11" x 15" pen and ink and coloured pencil in Sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

I think this is one my very favourite views in London. This was my first attempt at sketching this view. My second is in this post.

Creating the Tate Modern in the old Bankside Power Station was a brave decision which has proved well worthwhile. However who ever thought of building the Millenium Bridge to create a walkway from St Paul's Cathedral on the hill all the way down and across the River Thames to Tate Modern - with a brilliant view looking back up to St Paul's - was truly inspired!

I'm fully intending to do a big work of this view one day! The external terrace attached to the Friends Room at Tate Modern may will be put to good use in this connection as the weather gets warmer.

This particular sketch was done on the day after the service in St Paul's Cathedral for those killed, injured and involved in the events of 7th July 2005.

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy