Monday, September 14, 2009

Victoria Park Lake People #4

I'm not quite sure why but I last posted sketches of people by the West Lake in Victoria Park in January.

I sketch the people on the terrace by the cafe next to the West Lake in Victoria Park when I stop there for my cup of tea on my morning sketchercise walk.

Victoria Park Lake People #4
pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

It rather depends on whether or not I get distracted by the trees or the birds and sketch them instead! I guess the trees and birds got more interesting as the year progressed!

Here are the other three from January this year - when it was very cold. There are fewer people around in January and I always sit inside to sketch - with my hot cup of tea!


Victoria Park Lake People #1, 2 and 3 (January 2009)
pencil and pencil/coloured pencils in Derwent Safari sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

The people who gather on this spot are interesting. They often seem to be under the misapprehension that if they you sit outside near a fountain you can't be overheard! While sketching I find I hear snatches of conversations into the sketches without even trying - I often think I ought to try and incorporate some of the words into a sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy