Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Postcard from my Walk - around the Mall Galleries

Outside the Mall Galleries in Spring
pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils on Mountboard, 9.25" x 4.75"
copyright Katherine Tyrrell
This was my Postcard from my Walk for April which was sent to Vivien Blackburn and got posted to the Postcard blog last week - see A postcard from London - the meeting place.

I've observed that when tackling these monthly postcards, an idea for where I should do a sketch comes into my head straight away.  With Vivien it had to be the Mall Galleries because that's where we always meet up when she's in London.  Also since I always walk to the Galleries from down by the river and then walk around exhibitions three times, that's got to count as a walk!

I've always loved the view down The Mall with the huge plane trees with the really interesting bark and the colours of the dappled sunshine.

Then, of course, it's also a good way of remembering that there was a rather big event which involved The Mall last month - on the way from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace!

2 comments:

  1. That dappled shadow is magical! What a lovely postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Anita says....and the texture on the big tree trunk, too.
    annie

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE:
I always check identities and ALL links in comments for spam.

Due to excessive attempts to introduce spam via comments on this blog, I've introduced a regime where all comments with links in the ID or text to the websites of hotels/resorts/tourist destinations will NOT be approved and are deleted. The websites of repeat spammers are also reported to Google.

Nice, sensible people who are not new to blogging probably don't need to read my Comments Policy